Małanicz Family Archive
|collection||Małanicz Family Archive|
|color||black and white|
|signature||PAFD 0039 001|
|source of funding||Polish Film Institute|
The author of the film is Eugeniusz Małanicz (born in 1904 in Zelczyn). He was an electrical engineer by trade, but a cinematographer and a collector of films and film cameras by passion. In 1925, he founded the touring cinema “Oaza”, touring around the Świętokrzyskie Voivodeship. The cinema went bankrupt after a year, but the passion for the cinema remained with Eugeniusz until his death. In December 1939, he moved with his family to Warsaw and settled in Saska Kępa. An important place in his life was Giby – a village in the Podlaskie Voivodeship, to which he traveled from the late forties. There he rested, kayaked and took pictures. He also died there in 1982. The hood of his beloved car (Hansa) was put on his tombstone.
|keywords||Poland, Nieborów, Arkadia Park, Christmas, palace, holidays, summer, lake, kayak, sunbathing, leisure, free time, open-air museum, cemetery, grave, candles, camp, scouts, ZHP (Polish Scouting and Guiding Association), camp, film camera, film equipment, film tape, projector|